Dayara Bugyal, in Uttarkashi district, is a “high altitude meadow” situated at an elevation of 3408 metres (11,181 feet). It is spread over 28 km, with a magnificent view of the Himalayan peaks. It is an easy trek that passes through Oak forests, small water bodies and lush green meadows.
Gidara Bugyal is a lush green high altitude meadow, which is less frequented. A 12-13 km trek beyond Dayra Bugyal on an high altitude trail, which is gradually ascending, leads to the scenic Gidara Bugyal. This meadow is resplendent with a carpet of wild flowers.
A slightly strenuous trek of 05 Km ex GidyaraBugyal leads to a pristine, very rarely frequented, high altitude lake – Bhim Tal.
|DURATION||4 days of trekking/ 5 days from Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi|
|GRADE||Easy – suitable for beginners|
|RAILWAY STATION||Dehradun/ 180 Kms from Raithal|
|AIRPORT||Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun/ 220 Kms from Raithal|
|1||Drive from Dehradun to Raithal. Transfer to Raithal and night stay at Home Stay. In the evening visit Panjpura followed by Pooja at ancient local temple.||185 KMS/ 5-6 hrs|
|2||Trek from Raithal to Gui. Trek through dense alpine forest. Night stay in tents.||5KM/ 3-4 Hrs|
|3||Trek from Gui to Dayara Bugyal. Trek through various layers of vegetation crossing Pine and oak forests, finally opening out to meadows of Dayara Bugyal.||4 KM/ 2-4 Hrs|
|4||Trek to Pilautuna (3500 M). Enroute savour panoramic views of Srikanth, Rudugaira, Gangotri Group, Draupadi ka Danda, BlackPeak, Bandarpunch &more. Camp at Pilautuna.||7 Kms/ 6-7 Hrs|
|5||Pilatuna to Gidara Bugyal (3750 M). Gidara Bugyal is one of the most beautiful & biggest meadows in the Garhwal Himalayan region with abundance of wild flowers. Excellent views of sunrise and sunset.||6 KMs/ 5 Hrs|
|6||Gidara Bugyal – Bhim Tal – Gidara Bugyal. Visit pristine high altitude lake Bhim Tal and return to Gidara Bugyal.||4-5 kms one way/ 8 hrs|
|7||Gidara Bugyal – Rikhor Camp. Strenuous descent involving crossing of nallah & forest||10 kms/ 4-5 Hrs|
|8||Rikhor Camp – Bhangeli. Camp 2 km above Bhangeli village||8 Kms/ 4-5 hrs|
|9||Bhangeli – Dehradun via Gangnani. Drive to Gangnani & Soak in a rejuvenating hot water sulphur spring. Drop to Dehradun in the afternoon||8 hrs of drive|
- All meals during the Trek.
- Trekking eqpt : Tents and other safety eqpt, Sleeping bags preferably to be brought by participants. If required, can be provided by us.
- Specialized Cook, Support staffs, Porters/Packed Animals for providing trek logistics. Carriage of one bag upto 10 kg per head by Porter/Mule.
- Any Govt fees : All permit fee, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
- First Aid Kit.
- Services of experienced Mountain guides.
- All land transport of members as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation enroute.
- Transportation cost from Delhi to road/rail head ( Dehradun/ Kathgodam) and return. However, the same can be arranged for a group, if required, on actual basis.
- Any cost which is not mentioned in the “inclusions” or personal in nature.
*The proposed itinerary is tentative and subject to change due to any unforeseen reasons like weather conditions, cancellations of flights, strikes.
EQUIPMENT TO BE CARRIED BY PARTICIPANTS.
- Backpack(50-60 liter) with rain cover for multi days treks
- TrekkingBoots – High ankle support boots ( Extra pair of Trekking shoes- Optional)
- Wind proofjacket
- Trek Pants– At least 02
- Full sleevewoolen/fleece – At least 01.
- Full sleeveT-Shirts – At least 03
- Head Gear (Balaclava & Sun Hat/Cap)
- Sunglasses.(UV rated ones)
- Hand gloves
- Socks.(1pair of woolen and 2 pairs of cotton socks)
- Water bottle (2 ltrs). Avoid plastic drinking bottles
- Toiletries(Sunscreen –SPF 60+, moisturizer / lip balm, soap, toilet paper, wet tissue,Sanitizer, Odomos)
- Cutlery –Carry a plate, spoon, coffee mug & a lunch box
- Personalmedicines ( If any, for existing ailments to be carried by participants)
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Sleepingbag ( If required, can be provided byus)
*Indemnity certificate to be signed by all participants .
*Medical fitness certificates to be submitted.