Dayara Bugyal, in Uttarkashi district, is a “High Altitude Meadow” situated at an elevation of 3408 metres (11,181 feet). It is spread over 28 SQ km, with a magnificent view of many Himalayan peaks. It is an easy trek that passes through Oak forests, small water bodies and lush green meadows. Strongly recommended for beginners who want to embrace the trekking community.
During the trek, trekkers can enjoy 360 degree panoramic view of mighty snow clad Himalayan peaks like Srikanth, Rudugaira, Gangotri Group of Peaks, Jaonli, Draupadi Ka Danda, Kala Nag, Bandarpunch Massif and many other peaks.
|DURATION||4 days of trekking/ 5 days from Uttarkashi to Uttarkashi|
|GRADE||Easy – suitable for beginners|
|TREK LENGTH||25 Kms|
|RAILWAY STATION||Dehradun/ 180 Kms from Raithal|
|AIRPORT||Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun/ 220 Kms from Raithal|
|1||Drive from Dehradun to Raithal. Pick up from Dehradun in morning hours. Transfer to Raithal, Night stay at Home Stay. In the evening visit Panjpura followed by Pooja at ancient local temple.||185 KMS/ 5-6 hrs|
|2||Trek from Raithal to Gui through dense alpine forest to reach Gui and stay in tents. Interact with local villagers and enjoy Tea with goatherds in traditional Chani/Chhan at Gui. In the evening relish a crystal clear view of the night sky.||5KM/ 3-4 HRS|
|3||Trek from Gui to Dayara Bugyal Trek through various layers of vegetation crossing Pine and Oak forests, finally opening out into vast meadows of Dayra Bugyal||4 KM/ 3-4 Hrs|
|4||Trek up to Bakriya Top (3650 M) for panoramic views of Srikanth, Rudugaira, Gangotri Group, Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda , Black peak, Bandarpunch and many other unnamed peaks. Night stay at Dayara Bugyal||6-7 HRS|
|5||Dayra to Raithal and drive to Dehradun. Trek back to Raithal & drive to Gangnani to Soak in a rejuvenating hot water sulphur spring. Drop to Dehradun in afternoon.||3 to 4 hours of trek and 6 to 8 hours of drive|
- All meals during the Trek.
- Trekking eqpt : Tents and other safety eqpt, Sleeping bags preferably to be brought by participants. If required, can be provided by us.
- Specialized Cook, Support staffs, Porters/Packed Animals for providing trek logistics. Carriage of one bag upto 10 kg per head by Porter/Mule.
- Any Govt fees : All permit fee, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
- First Aid Kit.
- Services of experienced Mountain guides.
- All land transport of members as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation enroute.
- Transportation cost from Delhi to road/rail head ( Dehradun/ Kathgodam) and return. However, the same can be arranged for a group, if required, on actual basis.
- Any cost which is not mentioned in the “inclusions” or personal in nature.
*The proposed itinerary is tentative and subject to change due to any unforeseen reasons like weather conditions, cancellations of flights, strikes.
EQUIPMENT TO BE CARRIED BY PARTICIPANTS.
- Backpack(50-60 liter) with rain cover for multi days treks
- TrekkingBoots – High ankle support boots ( Extra pair of Trekking shoes- Optional)
- Wind proofjacket
- Trek Pants– At least 02
- Full sleevewoolen/fleece – At least 01.
- Full sleeveT-Shirts – At least 03
- Head Gear (Balaclava & Sun Hat/Cap)
- Sunglasses.(UV rated ones)
- Hand gloves
- Socks.(1pair of woolen and 2 pairs of cotton socks)
- Water bottle (2 ltrs). Avoid plastic drinking bottles
- Toiletries(Sunscreen –SPF 60+, moisturizer / lip balm, soap, toilet paper, wet tissue,Sanitizer, Odomos)
- Cutlery –Carry a plate, spoon, coffee mug & a lunch box
- Personalmedicines ( If any, for existing ailments to be carried by participants)
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Sleepingbag ( If required, can be provided byus)
*Indemnity certificate to be signed by all participants .
*Medical fitness certificates to be submitted.