|Location||Pithoragarh district, Uttarakhand,India|
|Parent range||Garhwal-Kumaon Himalaya (Uttarakhand Himalaya)|
The spectacular amphitheatre of 7000 metre peaks of the upper Johar Valley of Trisuli, Hardeol and Nanda Devi East lie near to apoint where the borders of India, Nepal and Tibet converge. From the road head,beyond Munsiyari, we follow a well defined trail along through the narrow valley to the village of Ganghar. We explore the area around the Paanchu Glacier where we ascend through high alpine valleys to the Nanda Devi East base camp.
|DURATION||02 days of trek/ 05 days from Kathgodam to Kathgodam|
|TREK LENGTH||14 Kms|
|RAILWAY STATION||KATHGODAM/275 Kms from Munsiyari|
|AIRPORT||PANTNAGAR/249 Kms from Munsiyari|
|1||Arrival at Kathgodam in the Morning & drive to Munsyari & transfer to Hotel.||11-hours|
|2||Munsyari to road head Chilam Dhar & trek to Lilam village 1850 meters||1 hour drive & trek for 2 hours|
|3||Trek from Lilam to Bagudyiar camp site.||6-7 hrs|
|4||Bogudyiar to Rilkot camping site||6 hrs|
|5||Rilkot to Ganghar village camp site||5-6 hrs|
|6||Ganghar village to Panchu glacier Nandadevi base camp||4-5 hrs|
|7||Stay at base camp & visit glacier & back to base camp site.||2-3 hrs|
|8||Panchu base to Martoli village Camp site||4-5 hrs|
|9||Martoli to Bogudiyar Camp site||6-7 hrs|
|10||Bogudiyar to Munsyari||6-7 hrs|
|11||Munsyari to Kathgodam||11 hrs|
- All meals during the Trek.
- Trekking eqpt : Tents and other safety eqpt, Sleeping bags preferably to be brought by participants. If required, can be provided by us.
- Specialized Cook, Support staffs, Porters/Packed Animals for providing trek logistics. Carriage of one bag upto 10 kg per head by Porter/Mule.
- Any Govt fees : All permit fee, camping charges, forest levy required for the trek.
- First Aid Kit.
- Services of experienced Mountain guides.
- All land transport of members as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation enroute.
- Transportation cost from Delhi to road/rail head ( Dehradun/ Kathgodam) and return. However, the same can be arranged for a group, if required, on actual basis.
- Any cost which is not mentioned in the “inclusions” or personal in nature.
*The proposed itinerary is tentative and subject to change due to any unforeseen reasons like weather conditions, cancellations of flights, strikes.
EQUIPMENT TO BE CARRIED BY PARTICIPANTS.
- Backpack(50-60 liter) with rain cover for multi days treks
- TrekkingBoots – High ankle support boots ( Extra pair of Trekking shoes- Optional)
- Wind proofjacket
- Trek Pants– At least 02
- Full sleevewoolen/fleece – At least 01.
- Full sleeveT-Shirts – At least 03
- Head Gear (Balaclava & Sun Hat/Cap)
- Sunglasses.(UV rated ones)
- Hand gloves
- Socks.(1pair of woolen and 2 pairs of cotton socks)
- Water bottle (2 ltrs). Avoid plastic drinking bottles
- Toiletries(Sunscreen –SPF 60+, moisturizer / lip balm, soap, toilet paper, wet tissue,Sanitizer, Odomos)
- Cutlery –Carry a plate, spoon, coffee mug & a lunch box
- Personalmedicines ( If any, for existing ailments to be carried by participants)
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Sleepingbag ( If required, can be provided byus)
*Indemnity certificate to be signed by all participants .
*Medical fitness certificates to be submitted.